Enjoy unforgettable moments in Hidalgo’s countryside, ride across the Zimapán dam on a boat, and savor the spectacular scenery.
Current weather overcast clouds 11
Things to do
Services in Zimapán
What Makes It Magical
Marvel at its dam, its ancient cypress trees, forests, and caves. They make this place, at the foot of Hidalgo’s mountains, a welcoming spot to enjoy as a couple, with family, or with friends.
Why You Should Go
Parroquia de San Juan Bautista
- This is one of the finest baroque-style buildings in the Sierra Gorda region.
- The pulpit is one of a kind. It bears a sculpture in the shape of a flame, is elevated on an octagonal platform, and the medallions on its sides show saints with the image of Saint Augustine in the foreground.
- Venture into Cañón del Infiernillo. Why not, with a name meaning canyon of hell?
- Walk the Senderos Místicos trails in the town of La Encarnación.
- Watch the sun go down over Parque Nacional Los Mármoles.