Stroll through charming squares, enjoy handicrafts and local cuisine, and discover its remarkable works of art.
Things to do
Services in Jiquilpan
What Makes It Magical
Jiquilpan’s history is dominated by the figure of Lázaro Cárdenas. The town’s appearance, welcoming plazas, handicrafts, cuisine, and notable works of art make up the heritage of the “ciudad de las jacarandas” (city of jacarandas).
Why You Should Go
Its Works of Art
- Jiquilpan has splendid works of art that themselves are worth the trip.
- The church’s 16th-century Cristo de Peregrinación statue.
- The fountain created by Francisco Eduardo Tresguerras, Fuente de los Peces.
- Murals by José Clemente Orozco inside the Biblioteca Gabino Ortiz Villaseñor.
- Feliciano Béjar’s gyroscopes and sculptures in his eponymous Casa Museo.
At the Very Least
Meander through the churches, squares, houses, and historic sites related to General Lázaro Cárdenas.
- Enjoy the jacaranda trees when they are in bloom.
- Visit the sericulture workshop.
- Spot white pelicans on Lago de Chapala.