Enjoy the hills cloaked in incredibly diverse forests, charming lakes, and avocado and blackberry groves.
Things to do
Services in Tacámbaro
What Makes It Magical
Nestled in a valley where everything is green, sits this Magical Town: the “Balcón de Tierra Caliente” (balcony of the Tierra Caliente region). As far as the eye can see, there are diverse forests, charming lakes, and avocado and blackberry groves, delighting visitors.
Why You Should Go
The Scenery, Filled with Lakes and Mountains
- Tacámbaro is located 4,921 feet above sea level, on the slope of the Depresión del Balsas (Balsas river basin).
- It is an exceptional location with an enviable temperate climate and breathtaking scenery.
- Multiple streams and bodies of water, coniferous forests, and rainforests come together here.
At the Very Least
Visit La Alberca, an emerald green natural lake in a volcanic crater,within reach of the town.
- Hang out and get great pictures of the two natural volcanic lakes.
- Take in the views from the lookout points.
- Stroll through the center of town and visit the cathedral.