Walk along its winding streets, climb to the top of the Ceboruco Volcano and try the giant corn produced here.
Things to do
Services in Jala
What Makes it Magical
Its name means “abundance of sand” and here you will find all kinds of abundance: of nature, history and architecture. Walk along its winding streets and admire the charm of its old buildings guarded over by the jealous gaze of the Ceboruco Volcano; this is only a fraction of what this beautiful Magical Town has to offer.
Why You Should Go
The Ceboruco Volcano
- It is over 7,400 feet above sea level and from its peak you can see some nearby towns.
- It is surrounded by remains of lava and volcanic rock, products of its last eruption, around the end of the 19th century.
- You can watch as the volcano’s crater exhales steam.
- It is home to five endemic plant species, of which three are from Nayarit and two from western Mexico.
At the Very Least
Observe the great diversity of animals that live around the crater such as wild cats, deer, hares, skunks, and raccoons.
- Learn about the legend of “La Sierpe”.
- Attend the Corn Festival, where you can admire specimens as long as 50 cm.
- Watch the sunset from the peak of the Ceboruco Volcano.