Venture into Capulálpam’s forests and wander among ancient junipers, feed a deer, sample local flavors, and listen to marimba music.
Current weather overcast clouds 8
Things to do
Services in Capulálpam
Why You Should Go
Templo de San Mateo Apóstol
- Visiting Saint Matthew Apostle Church is to time travel, as it still has the original decoration from the Dominicans, characterized by colorful fleurs-de-lis.
- Construction began in the 16th century, and, as the medallion in the entrance declares, it was inaugurated on April 20, 1731.
- It has 14 invaluable wooden altarpieces. Some say they were made on location, but others claim they were brought from regions around the Sierra Norte mountains.
At the Very Least
Do a cleanse in the Centro de Medicina Indígena Tradicional.
- Listen to a Marimba Nueva Esmeralda concert with local kids.
- Watch the sun come up from the Mirador de la Cruz lookout point.
- Try the local delicacies prepared by families on Sundays under the archways downtown.