Water Sports in Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen is an ideal destination for water sports fans. From scuba diving to flyboarding, find out which water sports you can enjoy in the heart of the Riviera Maya.
Head to the Riviera Maya and explore the wide range of water sports available in Playa del Carmen to enjoy this destination and its natural attractions. If you love adventure and seeing unique, stunning natural scenery, get ready for a variety of options you will love.
In Playa del Carmen, you can participate in numerous water sports, such as world-class snorkeling and scuba diving. Just 328 feet off Playa del Carmen lies the world’s second-largest reef, the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef. In addition to incredible ocean views, you can enjoy sport fishing, windsurfing, parasailing, and leisurely catamaran rides. All these services are offered on Quinta Avenida.
Popular Water Sports in Playa del Carmen
- Snorkeling: Various tour operators offer snorkeling, allowing you to swim with sea turtles, explore reefs, and encounter whale sharks, among other species. You can also snorkel in cenote pools for a one-of-a-kind experience.
- Jet Skiing: Explore the Caribbean and visit beautiful beaches aboard a Jet Ski. Playa del Carmen offers many rental options, some with guides and including safety equipment.
- Scuba Diving: One of the most popular activities in this destination, there are options for both beginners and professionals. Dive in open water or explore cenote pools.
- Kitesurfing: If you’re adventurous and enjoy trying new things, you will get a kick out of kitesurfing. Playa del Carmen has kitesurfing schools with specialized guides to help you enjoy this experience.
- Flyboarding: This sport shoots you over the ocean with water jets beneath your feet. One of the most fun water sports, the water will push you over 49.2 feet into the air.
What’s your favorite water sport, and which one would you like to try on your next getaway to Playa del Carmen?
Playa del Carmen, Q.R., MéxicoSee map