Learn about this Magical Town’s mining origins through its architecture. Stay in an old mansion. Savor some delicious jocoque (dairy spread) and panela cheese.
Things to do
Services in Mascota
What Makes it Magical
Among the green mountains, there’s a town whose buildings reveal the grandeur of its mid-19th century origins when it was a mining town in Jalisco and its present as an elegant home for a quiet life.
Why You Should Go
The splendor of rural life
- Oat, sorghum, and corn fields blanket the municipality along with the ever-present forest.
- Community residents aren’t shy about living out their everyday lives milking cows and making fruit milk caramels (from locally grown fruits such as apple, peach, tejocote, and perón).
At the Very Least
Attend the Sunday serenades in the Main Square starting at 8:30 pm.
- Biking and hiking in the towns of Mascota.
- Booking a stay at a hotel that used to be an old mansion or hacienda.
- Eating cheeses like panela and trying the dairy spread, jocoque.