Watch spectacular surf tournaments, enjoy the beauty of its beaches and explore the colorful corners of this Magical Town.
Things to do
Services in Sayulita
What Makes it Magical
It is difficult to believe that until recently, only a few people lived in this town in the Riviera Nayarit, working to extract coconut in the Hacienda de Jaltempa. Now, it has become a very popular destination for surf lovers, it is home to Mexicans and foreigners whose warm and fun personalities add to the natural landscapes, the colorful houses, and the lively narrow streets, elements which together generate very rewarding experiences by the sea.
Why You Should Go
Capital of Surf in the Riviera Nayarit
- Recognized as one of the best places to learn how to surf as well as to practice it.
- Its beaches have fun and consistent waves which means you can surf all year. The best season for it is between December and April.
- It is the stage for many surf tournaments: Torneo Infantil y Juvenil de Surf (Children’s and Juvenile Surf Tournament), Torneo Abierto de Surf Pacífico Music Festival (Open Surf Tournament Pacífico Music Festival), Torneo Annual de Surf Tabla Larga and Tabla con Remo (Annual Long Board and Paddle Board Surf Tournament), among others.
At the Very Least
Witness one of the tournaments with competitors at an international level or surf Sayulita’s waves.
- Learn to surf.
- Dance to the rhythm of cumbias on Fridays at the Club de Playa Camarón.
- Walk to Malpaso to enjoy the solitude of its rocky beaches.