Explore the island aboard a golf cart
Buzz around the island with the wind in your face.
On Isla Mujeres, golf carts have become an iconic way to get around this Caribbean paradise. They are the preferred means of exploring the wonders of this island on the edge of the Caribbean.
Learn more about these vehicles and where to rent them for the complete Isla Mujeres experience.
Where to rent golf carts in Isla Mujeres?
Unlike Holbox, Isla Mujeres regularly sees normal cars on its paved streets. However, for practicality and because of road characteristics, the golf cart remains the most common form of transport on the island.
Indios, Coco Cart, Capital Azul, and Mega Ciro’s are some rental agencies where you can secure a golf cart. Prices vary, but expect to pay:
- $700 to $800 pesos for 2 hours
- $1300 to $1600 pesos for 12 hours
- $1500 to $2000 pesos for 24 hours
What You Need to Know
- Carts come with a full tank of gas.
- A driver’s license is required for rental.
- It’s a good idea to book your cart in advance.
- Regular carts accommodate up to four people.
- Driving is restricted on beaches, the central boardwalk, or along the side bordering the Caribbean. Driving on unpaved roads is not recommended.
- The downtown area has one-way streets, so check signs and parking directions before turning onto a street.
- Parking is allowed along smooth or white-colored curbs. Avoid yellow-painted curbs. Many areas on the island offer parking for your golf cart.
Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, MéxicoSee map