Swim with whale sharks, roam the island on a golf cart, stop by Punta Sur and welcome the dawn, spend the afternoon contemplating the Island from a lounge chair.
Things to do
Services in Isla Mujeres
What Makes it Magical
Nestled in the bay of the same name, sits Isla Mujeres. With vibrant, colorful pedestrian streets, it is a picturesque traditional town surrounded by the Caribbean Sea that is home to dolphins, manatees, whale sharks, and many sea turtles. Residents have it all: a romantic island that bathes in the first rays of sunrise, a boardwalk edged by Caribbean blue, parks bursting with adventures and an ocean that hides a sculpture collection in its depths.
Why You Should Go
Its Location in the Mexican Caribbean
- It is the first spot in the country to receive the sunrise, and at the end of the day, it offers sweeping views of the sunset.
- At 546.8 yards wide and 4.6 miles long, you can see the coast, downtown Isla Mujeres, and part of Cancun from the Island’s highest point.
- Off the southern point sits world’s largest underwater sculpture garden, holding more than 400 contemporary sculptures from Mexico and the world.
At the Very Least
Swimming in Playa Norte and catching the sunset while enjoying sand so fine it feels like talcum powder underfoot.
- Snorkeling or scuba diving in Parque Marino.
- Swimming with dolphins and whale sharks, and visiting the turtle farm.
- Taking in the view from the southern point.