Stroll among the tile-roofed houses. Pop into clay workshops where they make trees of life. Take a photo at the Tlanchana Fountain.
Things to do
Services in Metepec
What Makes It Magical
This town maintains its cobblestone streets with colorful, tile-roofed houses. The Iglesia del Calvario stands on high, surrounded by palm trees and maguey plants. The square with the mythical Tlanchana fountain lies below, along with several handicrafts shops, museums, and restaurants.
Why You Should Go
- Standouts include trees of life, with exquisite handiwork and attention to detail, admired worldwide.
- The Clay Museum displays national and international pottery contest winners.
- They sell flowerpots, cooking pots, and catrina, sun, and moon figures at the Handicraft Market.
At the Very Least
Check out the miniature collection at the Clay Museum, the Tlanchana fountain, and the mural at Calvario Gardens.
- Renting a bike in Plaza de los Magueyes to ride around the streets.
- Shopping in the handicrafts pedestrian streets.
- Trying the garañona cocktail at Bar 2 de Abril.