Drift down the Tampaón river on a canoe; marvel at the soaring swifts; explore caves and caverns, and let yourself be carried along by its rivers.
Things to do
Services in Aquismón
What Makes It Magical
The Huasteca Potosina region has endowed Aquismón with abundant water—wherever you look there are streams and waterfalls. Those who come here know what they are looking for: endless rivers for kayaking, deep chasms perfect for climbing and rappelling, impressive caves where experts venture in to better understand what is going on deep underground.
Why You Should Go
- The state’s largest waterfall.
- It drops 344 feet and is 984 feet deep.
- It is part of the Santa María river system and is fed by the Tampaón river.
- You can swim, camp, hike, bike, and rappel here.
- Visit the Sótano de las Golondrinas (Cave of Swallows) pit cave.
- Ride a panga down the Tampaón river.
- Soak up the local vegetation and wildlife.