Enjoy Comala at a slow pace, sit down next to Juan Rulfo, and feel the warmth of its people around you. Walk around its lake, go bird watching, and drink a lot of coffee.
Things to do
Services in Comala
What Makes It Magical
The gleam of its main square will help you to understand why it is referred to as “America’s white town”. Your visit will be slow paced, enjoyable and very memorable. You will savor the food of its talented cooks, and you can sculpt or embroider stories guided by master artisans. Drinking organic coffee, you will search for clues about the real Comala, and later sleep peacefully in a hacienda or in one of the beautiful places that only an indigenous paradise can offer.
Why You Should Go
Homage to Rulfo
- Visit the place whose name Juan Rulfo used for the desolate town where his famous novel, Pedro Páramo, is set.
- Its main square is home to an actual size sculpture of the writer, just in front of the Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel.
- If you already read the novel, you will notice the difference between the lonely setting described by Rulfo and the warmth of Comala, as well as the many references to this Magical Town.
At the Very Least
Spend an evening under the colonnades enjoying good music, and local food and drink.
- Visit the Parroquia de San Miguel Arcángel in the main square.
- Take home one of the region’s handicrafts.
- Take part in the coffee tour.
- Spend an evening under the colonnades enjoying good music and local food and drink.