Valle de Bravo
Find your more adventurous side through paragliding, take an outdoor yoga session, or enjoy water sports on the Miguel Alemán Reservoir.
Things to do
Services in Valle de Bravo
What Makes It Magical
It’s as if this place’s mission were to get you in touch with the most primitive natural elements. The immense, beautiful lake is the center of action. The air sparks one’s adventurous spirit. Mexico’s best sailboat operators hail from here, and hang- and paragliding are tremendously fun ways to see it all from above. The land is rich in beauty, with breathtaking mountainous landscapes of green as far as the eye can see. Last but not least, spirit-soothing fire in hearths, bonfires, and temascals offers a chance for continual rebirth.
Why You Should Go
To fly over the lake on a hang-glider and see it in all its splendor.
- The lake is the heart and soul of this touristic center, offering everything from sports to amusement.
- The lake is actually a reservoir built between 1938 and 1947.
- It has a surface area of 8 square miles and forms part of the Miguel Alemán Hydroelectric System.
- It’s dotted by boat clubs and piers where you can rent all kinds of watercraft.
At the Very Least
De La Cruz Hill will be your runway for flying over the lake on a paraglider or hang-glider.
- Attending a yoga retreat at one of the centers or hotels and spas.
- Taking a kayak out on the lake to enjoy nature.
- Playing golf or horseback riding at nearby Avándaro.