Its cobbled streets, original 17th-century architecture, chapels, and country estates still reflect the splendor of times gone by.
Things to do
Services in Cosalá
What Makes It Magical
This town in northwest Mexico has a very special atmosphere due to its mining past. Its age-old traditions and ghost stories are captivating.
Why You Should Go
Mina Guadalupe de los Reyes
- The largest mine in the western part of the country.
- It produced the stunning quantity of more than a million pesos of silver a year in the 19th century.
- The mine’s owner was one of the forebears who got Sinaloa to separate from Sonora (the state to the northwest).
- It closed in 1943, during WWII.
At the Very Least
Take home some minerals from Mina Guadalupe, which are sold in Museo de Minería e Historia.
- Visit Museo de Minería e Historia.
- Explore Reserva Ecológica del Mineral.
- Try dried-beef soup.