Discover this multifaceted town, and fall in love with its stately architecture, corners brimming with elegance, and extraordinary natural surroundings.
Things to do
Services in Álamos
What Makes It Magical
It boasts ecosystems whose biodiversity are of paramount importance for the country, and is home to the golden eagle. The town has a charming appearance with white doorways and a unique history that have earned it the nickname “treasure of the Sierra Madre Occidental.” If you visit the area, you will enjoy a truly pleasant stay.
Why You Should Go
Hacienda de los Santos
- This is one of the country’s and the world’s exceptional lodgings. In each of its carefully thought-out touches, you can see the owners’ efforts to make every last detail perfect.
- Its architecture and careful decoration will transport you to a colonial era: adobe walls, beamed ceilings, limestone floors, brick-lined corridors, stone tunnels, bridges, carved wood furniture, artwork, and more.
- Its spacious rooms with fireplaces are decorated with handmade objects and antiques from the 18th and 19th centuries.
- It has an interesting collection of religious art composed of frescoes, altarpieces, and ex-votos.
At the Very Least
Book a spot in the Hacienda de los Santos’ spa to enjoy a massage in front of a grand fireplace.
- Wrap yourself in a new serape from the region.
- Hike along Río Cuchujaqui.
- Linger at Hacienda de los Santos’ Zapata bar to taste a few of their fine tequilas.