Relax at its hot springs. Explore the caves. Walk across hanging bridges.
Current weather light rain 18
Things to do
Services in Tonatico
Why You Should Go
Grutas de la Estrella
- The caves are located in Parque Estatal Grutas de la Estrella, which has been a Protected Natural Area since 2004.
- Experts calculate that they are approximately 500 million years old.
- They are over 2,187 yards long and there’s a mysterious underground river.
- They are believed to place for worshipping Tláloc, god of rain, due to the pre-Hispanic objects found there.
- You can rappel down a 50-foot cliff.
At the Very Least
Walk through the lighted underground caves.
- Seeing the gold-leaf altarpieces at Santuario de Nuestra Señora de Tonatico.
- Walking through the Jardín Central and its colonial porticos.
- Relaxing at the hot springs.
- Watching the waterfall at Parque de Tzumpantitlán.